PDA

View Full Version : problems with windows xp

spaceman
11-16-2006, 11:04 PM
Hi
i just had to install microsoft framework.net 1.1 in order to install catalyst control center for my graphic card.
when i start windows now i have to click on my user name in order to boot into the desktop, how do i disable this function?
I tryed to go into user accounts in control pannel but every time i click on user accounts i get an internet explorer script error on it it says :

an error has occured in the script of this page.

Line: 4
Char: 1
Error: Access is denied
Code: 0
URL: res://C:\\WINDOWS\system32\nusrmgr.cpl/nusrmgr.hta

on the bottom it says " do you want to continue running scripts on this page?" and then it gives me the option to pick yes or no.

whats going on here, any help will be apreciated thx.

Oklahoma Wolf
11-17-2006, 12:16 AM
Not sure what the problem is with the error, but I usually use the old Win 2K user accounts applet to bypass the welcome screen. In the run box, type "control userpasswords2" and you'll get the chance to start XP under any account you please.

CAD4466HK
11-17-2006, 04:08 AM
Hi
i just had to install microsoft framework.net 1.1 in order to install catalyst control center for my graphic card.
when i start windows now i have to click on my user name in order to boot into the desktop, how do i disable this function?
I tryed to go into user accounts in control pannel but every time i click on user accounts i get an internet explorer script error on it it says :

an error has occured in the script of this page.

Line: 4
Char: 1
Error: Access is denied
Code: 0
URL: res://C:\\WINDOWS\system32\nusrmgr.cpl/nusrmgr.hta

on the bottom it says " do you want to continue running scripts on this page?" and then it gives me the option to pick yes or no.

whats going on here, any help will be apreciated thx.

Try this, boot into windows, bring up the start menu, click your user icon at the top of the start menu, It will ask you if you want to change your pic, go
up to the upper left,and hit the back arrows untill you go to home.
You will see the .NET user account at the bottom next to yours,click on the .NET account and choose the option to delete it and all the files too.
Reboot, then your back in business;)

burebista
11-17-2006, 04:20 AM
Apply the patch for .NET Framework 1.1 and the problem is gone. ;)

spaceman
11-17-2006, 05:45 AM
Try this, boot into windows, bring up the start menu, click your user icon at the top of the start menu, It will ask you if you want to change your pic, go
up to the upper left,and hit the back arrows untill you go to home.
You will see the .NET user account at the bottom next to yours,click on the .NET account and choose the option to delete it and all the files too.
Reboot, then your back in business;)

i tryed this way but i couldnt find an option to delete it.
I saw on this site to type run and then type "control userpasswords2" and delete the account from there, is this a safe way of doing it?
I have windows xp pro service pack 2 but i installed framework.net before doing windows update , could this be the reason why i get this error message ? maybe i should uninstall it then update windows and then reinstall it?

spaceman
11-17-2006, 08:18 AM
I fixed that problem but now i got a new one and it comes and goes very randomly.
Not always but sometime my system will freeze/hang on the windows xp logo wile the little blue bar is loading it will stop and i have to reset in order to get back into windows :confused:

PS i been looking around on the net and i foudn that there are several people out there experiencing system hangs on boot up and some say it could be caused byt he soundblaster fatality x-fi cards =/

Slartibartfast
11-17-2006, 09:56 AM
Disable the X-Fi in device manager and uninstall the drivers. Then try booting a bunch and see if it still happens.

Slartibartfast
02-17-2007, 01:20 AM
Old thread, but I popped a X-Fi Extreme Gamer Fatal1ty Super Ultra Bling Bling E-Penis in my system this week and it's been running fine. I used to get BSOD on boot which I attribute to the old M-Audio card I had in there. Was your problem ever resolved?