PDA

View Full Version : BFG 600W power supplies for sale for $49.99

jonnyGURU
10-25-2007, 05:00 PM
http://www.bfgstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BFGS600WPSU

They're listed as "scratch and dent" but I assure you they are simply open box.

OEM is ATNG. Any problems, feel free to bug me. :)

While they last! ;)

madmat
10-26-2007, 09:53 AM
ATNG? Similar to the RP500-2? If it is and with better caps I bet it's a beast.

jonnyGURU
10-26-2007, 05:39 PM
Ok... let's see what we have here....

1st shot: Open cover with weird second primary PCB removed.

2nd shot: That weird second primary PCB in my hand. APFC?

3rd shot: Primary caps. CEC Holdings?

4th shot: Secondary side. Yeah, they're Fuhjyyu's. Say what you will. I think they'll be ok because the cooling is really good (80MM cross flow.) These units are from two to three years ago and none of the ones in RMA have swollen caps.

5th shot: AC input filter stage. Weird how the AC has to make it's way to the other side of the PCB for the primary side (then again, having the primary across two PCB's is weird too.)

And they do take Discover. Not sure why it said your number was bad.

Zap
10-30-2007, 08:15 PM
Got my two... looks pretty industrial, feels really heavy, fans are kind of noisy and have some rattling (probably from ball bearings, I've been using mostly sleeve bearing for silence). Was a friggin' huge box around 2'x2'x1.5' that showed up, and each PSU inside was individually boxed with peanuts, and the main box had these strips of foam similar to mattress egg crate padding material. No wonder they were so expensive to move 30 miles by UPS. Speaking of UPS... strangest thing... a second truck showed up while the first one was unloading. You'd imagine that they'd be a bit more efficient. Perhaps they just didn't expect one household to have so many packages show up on the same day. :P

jonnyGURU
10-30-2007, 09:09 PM
lol!

Glad they work out... despite the noise. :(

zfactor
01-06-2008, 08:39 PM
are these pretty good units then?

jonnyGURU
01-06-2008, 10:50 PM
When they work! LOL!

Seriously though, we've tested a whole pallet to make sure they all work right.

JGKC9AYC
03-29-2008, 02:23 AM
It looks like the deal's still on.
Just curious to know, though...out of that pallet-full, how many were/ended up bad? :)

jonnyGURU
03-29-2008, 09:22 AM
Just the top layer. It seems they were tested before and that's how someone had them stacked up (organized?) but they never told anyone else that before they were fired/quit.

Zap
03-30-2008, 09:55 PM
Unfortunately I think I was one of the first that jumped on this deal and got several... from the top layer. JonnyGURU hooked me up with tested and working replacements, but he forgot the custom badges that state "Personally tested by JonnyGURU." :(

Got one in my LAN party box. Works great with my Xeon E3110, 4GB OCZ, BFG 8800GTS G92. :D