PDA

View Full Version : window 10 tdr failure bsod, atikmpag.sys

seekingpsu
12-11-2018, 11:43 PM
hello guys so i finally got my pc, powered by igpu vega 8 i suprised this cheap ryzen 2200g do great job in gaming, but i encounter annoying troubleshot, my gameplay crash randomly, i tested many games, some run smoothly while some randomly crash during ingame, for example i tty to run old games "hatred" and i got bunch random crash bosd, it is say tdr failuer atikmpag.sys, should i go claim for replacement? since this pc is new, and it give 3years warranty on each part, pls tell me what to do thankyou

-The_Mask-
12-12-2018, 04:53 AM
Test your components first. The first thing you can do is a memory test.

Nothing has to be defective, could also be a wrong setting or driver problem.

You have installed the last UEFI on your motherboard and using the newest drivers?

seekingpsu
12-12-2018, 08:05 AM
um sry but i know nothing about component, all i do is install everything from the cd package, ive no idea whats so called UEFi, my motherboard is msi mate b350, and yes i install newest driver from amd site, think i should go for mem test 1st, thx for the tips i will back report the rrsult soon����

-The_Mask-
12-12-2018, 08:41 AM
UEFI, the successor of the BIOS.
You can find the last version on MSI's site: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B350-PC-MATE

Also make sure your memory settings are correct, otherwise you can have problems and it will cost you performance.

seekingpsu
12-12-2018, 09:59 PM
ok so i try setting on uefi msi, refrence from youtube and random site it give me rough idea howbto set memory ram, my ram product is klevv
KLEVV DDR4 BOLT Series PC24000 3000MHz Dual Channel 8GB

2X4GB

15-16-16-36-0

under uefi i click memory try it and set 2800mhz, everything run smooth booting to window, but still same problem happen bsod atikmpag.sys in some game, the only think i noticed that after use memory try it, my performance sightly increased, i can play rpcs3 deomn soul in 40fps, before with default set 2133mhz it only hit 30fps, and i notice not only games now, it is apparently crash on window player 10 too, i watching some movie through winplayer and get same bsod atikmpag.sys, the crash random happend after 20-50minute of running video, someone say that my window might corrupted, i will try install fresh window, hope it work this time, be back (:

seekingpsu
12-12-2018, 10:10 PM
list of working gamesbthat i try
gta v
fra cry 3
callofduty black
walking dead new frontier
mortalkombat 9
emulator dolphin/rpcs3
fortnite

crash game bosd atikmpag.sys
pubg
hatred
street fighter v
dyansty warrior 7

window player(watching video, music no problem)

conclusion
i think this error related to any run application which need gpu process, i searching amd forums and found that many people have the same problem as i, some suspecting os/ram/motherboard/even psu? also lot of people blame bad amd drivers, i will keep try ti fix this issue:/

update: i found that this tdr failure is not only happend on amd, seems like intel also suffer the same problem
tdr failure bsod igdkmd64.sys, and its the same as my amd issue gpu related, also happend on window 8/10, maybe caused by incompetent drivers/os compabilty
i miss the day of window xp still on top usage, smoothly os,less troubleshot, just plug gamepad and enjoy my gameplay:(

seekingpsu
12-14-2018, 08:19 AM
ok so finnaly amd fix it with newest 2019 andrenaline software, nice drivers this times, it run smoothly now, no more bsod in gaming, but windowplayer video still crash sometines haha, i hope this is the end of atikmpag64.sys troubleshot(:

provid3nc3
12-22-2018, 01:36 PM
Nice fix I'll try it I'm currently hook playing pubg and sometimes it crashes with bsod.

ashiekh
12-22-2018, 03:18 PM
...all i do is install everything from the cd package...

Driver on the CD is almost always out of date; find the latest on the Internet.