PDA

View Full Version : $26 CX450M (after rebate and promo)

turkey3_scratch
08-17-2016, 12:20 AM
The CX450M has a $4 off promo code and a $20 rebate on Newegg. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139146

breixobaloca
08-17-2016, 06:46 AM
From a European user: What's Rebate? (I will not buy it, nice price but customs kill me)

McSteel
08-17-2016, 12:10 PM
Basically you fill out a form (which you download a PDF of or get delivered with the PSU) then send it to the manufacturer. Then if the stars are aligned correctly and all the info is accurate and easily readable on the rebate form, the manufacturer sends you the stated amount of money after one to three months from the date the rebate form reaches them.

Most manufacturers do their best to decline your rebate based on petty qualms regarding the way the form was filled out and sent...

breixobaloca
08-17-2016, 02:56 PM
LOL :D Like a cashback

Thanks for the info ;)

turkey3_scratch
08-17-2016, 10:58 PM
Basically you fill out a form (which you download a PDF of or get delivered with the PSU) then send it to the manufacturer. Then if the stars are aligned correctly and all the info is accurate and easily readable on the rebate form, the manufacturer sends you the stated amount of money after one to three months from the date the rebate form reaches them.

Most manufacturers do their best to decline your rebate based on petty qualms regarding the way the form was filled out and sent...

Hasn't happened to me yet. And other people in my family buying non-tech related stuff, they seem to get their rebates all the time.

If people screw up their rebate that's their own fault.

Tator Tot
08-18-2016, 01:37 AM
Hasn't happened to me yet. And other people in my family buying non-tech related stuff, they seem to get their rebates all the time.

If people screw up their rebate that's their own fault.
It was a lot worse in the past; Sapphire (the GPU company, along with a few other AMD AIB parters) used to use an awful 3rd party rebate service where this happened all the time.

Some companies have been consistently good about rebates for years (Corsair, EVGA, Cooler Master), but they've always been the outliers.

Smirnoff
08-19-2016, 09:42 AM
Those rebates are illegal to use here in Scandinavia because of consumer protection laws, so we have to rely on instant rebates here. They can be just as good (or better, once I got a Silver Power 500W PSU at a 90% instant rebate), but they last a very short time in comparison to MIRs. (from 1 day to perhaps max a week).