PDA

View Full Version : how many people here watch top gear?

kwak
02-11-2007, 05:22 PM
im wondering how many people here are actually fans of the show. the new season started 3 weeks ago by now, but i started wondering just after this weeks episode, the us fly drive special. seeing there are quite a lot of us people here, i wonder what they think of JC and his remarks, especially his closing "top tip": dont go to america.

mods: i know that in other forums this can be considered flamebait, but i have the impression that the people in this forum are a lot more tolerant than those in others, thats why i tried. if you think its going to lead to a flamewar, feel free to lock it up/delete it.

Jon Gerow
02-11-2007, 05:41 PM
I think they're a bunch of attention whores that stir shit up for the hell of it. :D

yakko
02-11-2007, 08:08 PM
I usually watch the show when I know it is on. They do have some fine autos on there that we will probably never see stateside.

/me dreams of Koenigsegg CCX

GalvanizedYankee
02-11-2007, 08:26 PM
If I had cable I'd watch it. Youtube offers enough Top Gear for me.
I love small displacement, high output engines in light weight cars.
The lingering effects of the class structure of British society makes many Brits hard to stomach. Nuf said on that point. :)

Note: Ariel Atom for the win. :D

KorruptioN
02-11-2007, 09:57 PM
Excellent show, one of the best on TV imo. Their cinematography is extremely hard to beat.

Jon Gerow
02-11-2007, 10:53 PM
Hmm... Here I thought we were talking about the hosts ignorant remarks, yet the topic turns into, "cool cars and great camera work." :D

Kab
02-12-2007, 12:27 AM
Na. Watched it but don't get the time to watch it anymore.
Back in the days :rolleyes: Sammy with his Vanishing Point covered all the gear any drive will need ;)

kwak
02-12-2007, 06:21 AM
well, if the topic turns to what cars they drive, that pretty much answers the question of what they think of JC's remarks i think.

btw, would it really be that dangerous to drive into alabama with "man-love rules ok", "hillary for president", "country and western sucks" and "nascar sucks" written on the side of your cars? in the video, it looked like they really had to run for their lives. Even the cameramen were attacked.

Kab
02-12-2007, 06:57 AM
Well try walking into Old Trafford and shouting similar hate words out against Rooney.. just to get splattered! If its a dead area or day, you'll get away - drag enough attention and the guy who wants to get his face smashed will do I bet. ;)

Thats for the Nascar bit, the rest is most likely dependent on area and people, as for instance you ain't gonna see that in Cali for sure. In cities you won't get noticed but no one really tolerates a hooligan, so acting one will get the desired result.

Never lived in AL, but worked there and majority there are Reublican. If you want to get smashed in then shout "God Curse America" while you're there :D Enough rednecks to beat on your ass.

kwak
02-12-2007, 07:48 AM
ah, i found the part in alabama on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajWS8gCJOac

Jon Gerow
02-12-2007, 09:07 AM
Yep. It's like Borat... but it's not funny.

I mean, I'm all for pickin' on a redneck, but don't get out of the car and say, "actually, I'm not gay. I'm married and have three children and we just decided to paint the car to get a rise out of you folks."

If you're going to do that for the sake of a reaction, you come out of the car wearing a pink speedo.

Spectre
02-12-2007, 11:40 AM
Note: Ariel Atom for the win. :D

I would love an Atom.....thing is stupid fast in the right config!

GalvanizedYankee
02-12-2007, 12:00 PM
ah, i found the part in alabama on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajWS8gCJOac

I don't care for NASCAR myself. Take me to the road races anyday to watch anything turn right & left.
The whole Top Gear crew deserved a discrete ass-whooping...You betcha!

DvBoard
02-12-2007, 08:57 PM
I watch it when i can find it.

KorruptioN
02-12-2007, 10:27 PM
Fantastic episode.

Bbq
02-12-2007, 11:57 PM
that was awesome. Especially the unveiling the re-painted cars.

Man love rules ok

Kab
02-13-2007, 12:12 AM
Well, living half the time in EU and the other in US, I'm not impartial and neither like to pin point a little fun at others. It works both ways. You'll have many Americans become sentimental at aspects, and the same with many British. I thought its pretty damn stupid to be doing that though while knowing what you're asking for. Lucky they survived a beating and some real road rage.

Quite funny though why humans react like that ;)

DvBoard
02-13-2007, 09:50 PM
Just watched it. Hilarious. They prove they (as well as plenty of people everywhere in the world) are idiots. Nothing more. Entertaining if not anything else.