View Full Version : Rma Denied!

Jon Gerow
02-01-2007, 09:24 AM
http://www.jonnyguru.com/images/memory_RMA.jpg

Discuss.

GalvanizedYankee
02-01-2007, 09:54 AM
AYBABTU, :D
All your bases are belong to us? We are apologize?

An SD card? Sure you did not get it from Buy.com or Overstock.com?
They both have carried off-brand SD cards. I know as I bought several.
How much money are you out? What's to discuss?

madmat
02-01-2007, 10:13 AM
Strange letter. Is that from a reseller or MFG?

Spectre
02-01-2007, 11:15 AM
Engrish!!!!

Jon Gerow
02-01-2007, 11:25 AM
It's not my SD and it's a letter from a manufacturer to the customer.

What's to discuss?

Well... On a daily basis I appreciate the people I need to work with that can fluently speak English and Chinese. Although the English is not as fluent as it would need to be to deal with the general public, it's enough to get the job done. I do not speak Chinese, or any other language other than English, and I realize that this puts me a rung below many others on the intellectual ladder.

That said... I have no plans to get a support job in China. If you're going to do support and have interaction with customers on a daily basis, you need to make sure that you can properly speak the language of the customer base you are dealing with.

How many times is "sd card" said?

"The ZipZoomFly" ????

"We Are Apologize" ????

This person does email correspondence for a living!

madmat
02-01-2007, 11:35 AM
Agreed, that would be like having a translator on the diplomatic corps that spoke pidgin Chinese (in this instance) doing translations between Bush and Hu.

Tech Bori
02-01-2007, 01:01 PM
I thought I was bad ...but that dude won.....For the record it wasn't me:crazy: :D

Bipidri
02-01-2007, 02:43 PM
lol Bori I read your software section posts and it's not even comparable ;)

at my college, our registrar is a chinese woman, and we had a 30min speech from her over administrative stuff and other academic things, and I must say, although she spoke in a perfect english, her accent was so strong that it was too brain consumming to understand what she said. and even for just 2 seconds you were distracted by something else I swear you'd hear chinese and not english O_O
at this college with over 70 nationalities that's my biggest difficulty, filtering info through accents (english being my 3th foreign language

Jon Gerow
02-01-2007, 03:11 PM
I thought I was bad ...but that dude won.....For the record it wasn't me:crazy: :D

LOL!

I was kind of waiting for that. :D

No.. You're fine until further notice. ;)

INFRNL
02-01-2007, 04:59 PM
LOL, hard to believe that is a real e-mail. maybe thats just what it lookes like when it gets automatically translated into engrish. Man, I am bad with english and Im from the us, but that letter is beyond horrible,lol

Tech Bori
02-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Guru is that the guy from California ?

Jon Gerow
02-02-2007, 08:19 AM
Yeah.

Tech Bori
02-02-2007, 11:24 AM
:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: LOL!!!

$cooter
02-02-2007, 03:24 PM
I had a similar experience but over the phone with Abit tech support. First off, I wasn't in the best mood, but I certainly wasn't rude. This was after having the problem friday night and waiting till the next monday to speak with tech support and then being on hold for 2 hours (yes 120 minutes). When I finally got through, the person I was to "speak" with barery spoke engrish. After a few short moments on the phone with this fellow, I had made the deduction that he was if not an idiot then definitely not tech savvy, I think he was basically just reading a response off of a flow chart. I don't think he had a clue what my problem really was or how to go about remedying the problem. After maybe 3 or 4 minutes of trying to get my point across he finally just interupts me and says " I think you RMA" at which point he went into broken record RMA mode. It really made me really reevaluate the importance of doing more research into the quality of tech support/service of the items I decide to use.

Tech Bori
02-02-2007, 04:41 PM
After maybe 3 or 4 minutes of trying to get my point across he finally just interupts me and says " I think you RMA" at which point he went into broken record RMA mode.

Of course I don't know the answer let's do a RMA and good luck with the next one. :fire: :@

Jon Gerow
02-02-2007, 04:47 PM
Remember.... you're talking about Abit. Even the voice on the auto attendant is Engrish....

"Thank you for call Abit..."

When you press a button....

"Please wait moment."

Right.

Get someone that speaks English natively to write, or at least PROOF, your manuals and get someone that speaks English to record your auto attendant.

$cooter
02-02-2007, 05:32 PM
Of course I don't know the answer let's do a RMA and good luck with the next one. :fire: :@

Yeah, common sense says just send it in for an RMA. But I was holding out that perhaps some intelligent advice may get me a bios setting or something to do the trick and prevent two if not several weeks of me waiting for an RMA. Besides, what is an RMA from Abit? Answer: someone elses broken board that they have "fixed". If nothing was actually broken on mine, I would much rather have my brand new board than an abit "repaired" one.

I did end up calling thier RMA department and they told me that they had no RMA "stock". In other words they don't have any fixed boards to send back to me. And I would have to wait for them to fix and return mine or hope they recieved another soon and get it fixed and sent to me. They do cross ship BTW, which is why I wanted to RMA the manufacturer first.

At this point, I am RMAing the vendor and they have it in thier possesion now. My hope is that it was actually malfunctioning, at which point they will confirm that and send me a new replacement. If perhaps, it is fine and just takes some trickery to get it going I'm sure I will be advised when they send the original back to me.

PaulTa
02-04-2007, 11:20 PM
I'm an english tutor at Green River Community College, and this guy is f*ckin' fluent in english compared to the people I work with. :p

Spectre
02-05-2007, 08:25 PM
I have a funny one that is developing....but I am going to wait until they give me a final answer to the question. Needless to say I am less than impressed with their outsourced (dear god I hope it is outsourced) techsupport.

Tech Bori
02-07-2007, 01:44 PM
Same Company?

Spectre
02-07-2007, 01:51 PM
Same Company?

NO this one is a very large...supposedly very good company. Here is one email.

Dear XXXX,

For better information for your requirement, we would like to suggest you to contact our reseller/partners. They would be able to give you more details regarding XXXXX products support and services. Also, they will be able to look into your requirements more personally and will be able to suggest you appropriately.

Hence we request you to contact our resellers/partners based in your location. To find the ones who are based in your location, please use the below URL:

http://tools.XXXXX.com/WWChannels/LOCATR/jsp/partner_locator.jsp

Hence we will proceed to close this case from our end. If you have any further issue, please feel free to revert to us.

Regards,

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Cross Functional Team
XXXX Systems Global Contact Centre

I was asking for a part number. Needless to say their channel partner said "WTF...talk to XXXXX".

Jon Gerow
02-07-2007, 03:37 PM
Ohhh.... THAT company.

THAT company is truly global, though. You can be getting support from ANYWHERE.

One time, we were having problems with a routing table after installing a T1 module and ended up talking to some cat in Oz. :D

Spectre
02-07-2007, 03:47 PM
Ohhh.... THAT company.

That obvious huh?

THAT company is truly global, though. You can be getting support from ANYWHERE.

One time, we were having problems with a routing table after installing a T1 module and ended up talking to some cat in Oz. :D

Support is a term I would use loosely here, seriously telling me to talk to a channel partner to get a part number! But it was from India.

Tech Bori
02-07-2007, 08:04 PM
I like Tech Support, I like helping people out the best way I can.

The best thing at work is when I don't know something I call the Main dude and he helps out but sometimes he hides from me LOL :crazy:

$cooter
02-07-2007, 08:39 PM
Maybe you should kick him in the cock plate!!! J/K Good one Bori:lol:

Jon Gerow
02-07-2007, 10:27 PM
I call the Main dude and he helps out but sometimes he hides from me LOL :crazy:

WTF is the "Main dude??" I'm still the "New Guy!!!" :p

Kab
02-08-2007, 11:05 AM
NO this one is a very large...supposedly very good company. Here is one email.Damn Antec is that bad known from experience ;)

But we get calls from Eastern countries all the time. Couldn't give a monkeys about someones accent unless they REALLY push it in the wrong direction dramatizing. Thats just obnoxious.

As for not being able to write in simple English.. too bad that just shows money worship and they should employ someone who is proficient in it rather than spending 20 letters around figuring out what their first line meant! :mad:
I came face to face with a real A* moron lately from India who pi$$ed me off to the roots trying to force me to buy a phone and friggin lying through his gooey teeth that he's calling from London, UK :wall:

EVEN though I could hear them speak in Hindi ALL in the background and the supervisor and floor manager they transferred over was like something off looney tunes! What a total clown.

Spectre
02-08-2007, 11:29 AM
Damn Antec is that bad known from experience ;)

This company would eat Antec for a snack.

Tech Bori
02-08-2007, 11:33 AM
WTF is the "Main dude??" I'm still the "New Guy!!!" :p

Main Dude: Person in charge of all the tech procedures and knows how everything works...AKA My friend. New guy ? Ok LOL :crazy:

Bipidri
02-08-2007, 01:01 PM
I came face to face with a real A* moron lately from India who pi$$ed me off to the roots trying to force me to buy a phone and friggin lying through his gooey teeth that he's calling from London, UK :wall:

EVEN though I could hear them speak in Hindi ALL in the background and the supervisor and floor manager they transferred over was like something off looney tunes! What a total clown.
what an ex Belgacom tele-operator (Belgacom= Belgium's national telecom service provider) said to me one day, is that employees working on those outsourced hotlines and tech supports, have their conversations recorded, and they are bound by contract not to tell that they are not from the outsourcing compagny. So I guess your hindu guy wasn't left a choice...:crazy:

Tech Bori
02-08-2007, 01:40 PM
Now that I remember I call once Microsoft support for the Flight simulator game, and I had the same problem.

Kab
02-08-2007, 02:12 PM
what an ex Belgacom tele-operator (Belgacom= Belgium's national telecom service provider) said to me one day, is that employees working on those outsourced hotlines and tech supports, have their conversations recorded, and they are bound by contract not to tell that they are not from the outsourcing compagny. So I guess your hindu guy wasn't left a choice...:crazy:Its true they're ordered not to give away their location, but its so obvious its beyond deniability. No one can tolerate or trust an obvious liar which you'd expect is bad for business. I caught this partcular guy talking loudly to others calling them neelam, mannu, shiasta, bova etc in Hindi like a typical Indian will, and others in the background shouting his name out to be "Mannu Singh" whereas he insisted they're lying and he's called Oscar and is British in London. :crazy: Worse when you have to repeat each line to everyone they end up transferring it to stating everything all over again, and then they misquote you due to their lack of interest, mouthwilling thirst for the "deal" and subsequent "bonus" only, and just lack of professional discipline taught in the West in businesses. Given those performances, you'd be grateful if you were even paid a 2nd look let alone cents/pennies in the West.
They do give the names away though. I usually talk in their language (learnt it :p) and they open up telling where they live and what cheap deals they can get me :D

Bipidri
02-08-2007, 04:22 PM
learning hindu might be a good perspective for us then, heck I'd be sure to find a job in an outsourced firm :D
ps: do you think its easier to learn than chinese ? (I speak turkish, not that I think it would help ^^)

$cooter
02-08-2007, 05:04 PM
I think Hindi would be easier to learn, especially since the written language is phonetic, instead of pictographing like Chinese.

Kab
02-08-2007, 05:24 PM
Its even more difficult as theirs over 400 dialects and a very large number of separate Indian languages (more than anywhere else in the world).
Our languages in the west are just soo simple we tend to be lazy assed when looking at what seems like cryptic hieroglyphics. They're not difficult at all.

Here's a start of Hindi I'll write in English according to its pronunciation:

Aap mujhe 1KW Ultra dee jeeye (polite)

Give me a 1KW Ultra :D