To water cool or not to water cool? What are the benefits and downfalls to water cooling? There are several questions you need to ask yourself before diving into water cooling. NorthQ offers a simple solution to some of the problems for those users that are looking to get their feet wet with water cooling. Does this still leave some potential problems?
SUPPLIED BY: NorthQ
PRODUCT: Siberian Tiger Water Cooler
PROD LINK: Not Available
Price is at time of testing!
Today we are veering away from the normal PSU review to take a look at NorthQ’s Siberian Tiger water cooling system. The Siberian Tiger water cooling system is a sealed CPU water cooling system that takes a lot of the headaches out of water cooling. You don’t have to worry about filling or draining the system every time you need to pull your rig down.
The Siberian Tiger comes packaged in a briefcase style box, which lists the main features on the front and rear of the box.
- Latest water cooling technology for main-stream market.
- Super low noise and massive performance.
- Maintenance free, no need to refill water ever.
- Guaranteed lifetime of 50,000 hours (5.5 years).
- Supports socket 754 / 939 / 940 / AM2 / 775.
- Simple and easy installation on both Intel and AMD systems.
Pulling everything out of the box we can see that NorthQ has everything neatly packaged in a blister pack style to offer optimum protection during shipment.
The two main components of the NorthQ 3580 Siberian Tiger water cooling system are the CPU water block / pump assembly and the single 120mm radiator. Although water cooling your computer components isn’t something that is new. There are still a lot of people out there that will give you the WTF look if you tell them your going to have water inside your computer. It has been embedded in our heads from a early age that electronics and water do not mix. Water cooling electronic components has been around for years. Sure, there are potential problems that could arise when it comes to water cooling. If you stop and think about it, there are many things around you in every day life that utilize water cooling, which also have the potential for failure (automobiles for example).
- Pump: Proprietary AC/DC hybrid technology with high-precision ceramic bearings and RPM monitor (3pin).
- Heat exchangers: 120 x 120mm.
- Tubes : 35cm flexible steel tubes with plastic cover.
- Fan: NorthQ Extreme silent 120mm FAN, with blue LED light, on/off light switch.
- System performance: Rth ≈ 0.13 °C / W.
- Liquid: Non-toxic, non-flammable liquid that does not expand with changes in temperature.
- Complete Noise level: <20 dBA.
- Lifetime: 50,000 hours [MTTF].